[Squeakfoundation][Modules] Offering Help

Giovanni Giorgi squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:49:37 +0200

Hi all!
	I am a "veteran" Squeak fan (I have used squeak since 2.x and even
before, when morphing was composed by only 2-3 small "Play with me").

I have worked a lot in this two month, so I cannot follow the discussion
about modules.
I have read the sad email of Henrik Gedenryd and I think modules are
very important.

I am a young software eng. (I got my Master Thesis in the 2000) and I
think Squeak could be used even for commercial software, if we provide
some basic tools.

And Modules are one of this vital tools.
Best, the Harverster will have an easy life with the module engine.

Maybe I am wrong, but Squeak has a lot of fantastic feature, but it
doesn't have some vital libraries compared to lanugage as Python and
Java and Perl: we need to organize our classes for having a faster
growth of them.

Is someone still working on the module engine?
I'd like to offer my help for going on to finish the module engine.

I have my job, but I hope to give to the little free(ware) mouse some
hours of my week ;)

So, who must I do?
I am reading the modules pages on the swiki...

Ciao ciao!
--
// Giovanni  Giorgi      First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
//                        Then they fight you. Then you win