[Squeakfoundation]3.2.5 mac vm stability (vote please)

John M McIntosh squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:20:33 -0800

Someone out there informed me that they've had some stability
problems with the 3.2.5 mac VM on system 8.x.

a) It's nice that they called. (feedback is always good).
b) It's a surprise to me.

So I need some feedback on 3.2.5 or 3.2.6 mac classic VM usage and if
people are experiencing lockups or issues with loss of keyboard input
after running squeak for some hours.

Although the os-x version of the Squeak VM is quite different inside,
the classic version of squeak if you are running OS 9.1 or lower
shouldn't have changed much beyond the code reorganization and a wee
bit of code cleanup (usually that type of work introduces issues of
course).

So if you'be been running a classic Mac VM and having issues, please
let me know.
John M. McIntosh <johnmci@smalltalkconsulting.com> 1-800-477-2659