[Squeakfoundation][ANN][IMPORTANT] Mission statement

Roger Vossler squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:50:28 -0700

Hi Gang,

Very nice document. Congratulations to you all. Well done.

I have three comments as follows:

1. The squeakfoundation mailing list should NOT be readonly. Moreover,
It should be devoted
  to all of the non-technical stuff concerning Squeak (political,
social, cultural, organizational,
funding, policy, major and minor decisions, et al) while the squeak-dev
list should be reserved
for technical stuff.

2. From organizational psychology we learn that the optimal size of
Cabinets (government
types) or other group governing/administrative bodies is 7 members. 5
is too small. 9 tends
to be too large. The larger they become, the less effective they are.
You need an odd number
to avoid deadlock and to have a tie-breaker mechanism. The reason for a
smaller number,
like 7, has to do with lines of communication.

3. Name: DynaMice? Fearless Squeakers? Mice that Roar? Cheese Board?
<grin>

Cheers, Roger.....

On Thursday, Nov 14, 2002, at 07:13 America/Denver,
goran.hultgren@bluefish.se wrote:

> Fellow Squeakers!
>
> (This is a LONG post, but VERY important so please read it!)
>
> Now the group of people referenced earlier as the Squeak "board" has
> come up with a mission statement and it is included below. First let us
> give you all a quick background.

[snip]