[Squeakfoundation]Guides frozen at 6!

Ned Konz squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:36:53 -0800

On Monday 18 November 2002 01:22 am, goran.hultgren@bluefish.se wrote:
> So, Tim, Daniel, Ned, Craig, Doug - let me hear your voices.

I don't have any strong feelings about it.

I do think that having fixed personal roles that are unique to each=20
Guide (or Mousekeeper or whatever) might be too inflexible.

I think it's important to first identify the different things we think=20
need to be done.

Getting people to sign on to these tasks would be next. Some of the=20
roles are bigger than what one person can handle, and others are=20
small but best shared by more than one person.

And especially if we want to limit the number of Guides, we need to=20
get more volunteers from the Squeak community. Regardless of official=20
status, we've got a number of interested, enthusiastic people in the=20
Squeak world who can help. But we have to be able to propose a clear=20
vision, and then be willing to provide some kind of leadership (or to=20
find someone who is willing to do so).

I think that the Guides should carefully decide what tasks are most=20
important, and spend our first effort getting them going.

--=20
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com
GPG key ID: BEEA7EFE