[Squeakfoundation]Re: releasing SqueakMap (was "One more update for 3.2.1?"... again...)

Roger Vossler squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:15:18 -0700

Hi Gang,

Boy, do I agree with John on this one. I had hoped that 3.4 would be a
stable, finalized
version of 3.2-4956, plus a few cleaned up details and SM, and said so
in a recent
message to Scott Wallace on the squeak-dev list. Unfortunately, someone
took issue
with the tone of that message which got lost in the noise.

I have SWT, 2.8, and 3.2-4956, plus two VMs (3.2.8b9 and 3.2.2) that
John and Marcel
were kind enough to help me with. I'm sticking with this combo until
the next stable release
is finalized before I even begin to even think about upgrading. The
Squeak power-users
can enjoy themselves with pre-alpha, alpha, and beta code. John's buddy
(client?) is
absolutely right about the risk of using alpha and/or beta software.

Cheers, Roger.....