[Squeakfoundation]Flow integration

Michael Rueger squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:15:32 -0800

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

 > This work:
 >  - Replaces the primitive interface to sockets and other External
 > Resources
 >  - Refactors the stream hierarchy

I would like to propose to actually separate the two. It should be
feasible to replace the current external stuff (sockets etc) with
Craig's implementation + the network rewrite. I also think we can
actually have the new network layer isolate the lower layer enough so
that we can switch without most people noticing.

In the Stream refactoring I see two parts:
a) streams for the external resources
b) refactoring the hierarchy

I definitely want to see a) in one form or another, but I'm not entirely
convinced yet that I/we want b) in its current form. Just MHO.

Michael