Basic tenets of what goes in the image (was: [Squeakfoundation]Flow integration)

Tim Rowledge squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:41:34 -0800

> * It has to be understandable. Add class comments, reduce class
> count/size, reduce functionality to the minimum that really needs to be
> in the image. Just keep it simple.
I agree with this, certainly. For example, Flow should not go in the
image - because _no_ network stuff should be in the image ab initio.
Yes, I know we need some network stuff to allow practical use of SM etc,
but _the base image_ should have none of this.

There is, however, a very good argument for building and providing a
'typical' image with all the usual development tools preinstalled and
probably for a newbie/demo image with lots of pleasing tchotchkes and
explicatory stuff.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim