[Squeakfoundation]A Gentle Introduction to the Squeak Community

Daniel Vainsencher squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:12:32 +0300

I feel very strongly we should avoid the statement "OSI approval
pending". As Goran said, some people do care about whether software is
OSI compliant or not, and though I specifically don't, I would avoid
software that is labeled in a misleading manner.

There were lots of good enough proposals mentioned.

BTW, I for one would be very happy if we could in good conscience remove
the offensive paragraphs.

FSF/OSI incompatibility is a liability to this community, even if it's
not one to us as individuals.

Daniel