[Squeakfoundation]3.6 MasterPlanner!?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Apr 1 10:56:35 CEST 2003

Hi all!

Well, it seems we lost a thread here somewhere. 3.6 is starting up and
we really need to have a Plan for it.  No, don't say "we need no plan,
just a date" because that just isn't true.

We need *both* IMHO. 3.6 is really going to shake things around so I
repeat - We Really Do Need A Plan - ok?

Good, now that we have that out of the way :-) we also quickly realize
that to get a plan we need someone who crafts it. No, don't say "we
don't want somebody telling us what to do" because that isn't the way it
should be done.

The plan should of course be worked out on squeak-dev through
discussions (as always) but somebody needs to moderate, collect and
formulate it. So, without further ado - who takes this assignment?

I have the following suggestions:

- Ned. But Ned is worth so much more doing harvesting (?) or other
complex debugger-digging, and I don't think Ned really "likes" the
moderation role! :-)

- Tim. Tim has a lot of good knowledge when it comes to the tougher big
enhancements we have lined up in front of us possibly in part for 3.6
(think Anthony), what do you say Tim?

- Me and Doug. Since Daniel (otherwise an obvious choice) has indicated
that he isn't interested (I got that through "readsay") the last
alternative is a combination of me and Doug. We tend to agree on most
things and we are already lined up to take this assignment if Ned and
Tim says no.

Note: I didn't propose Craig here becuase I think he is busy with Squat
etc and not really interested in this. Just a guess.

Ok, so lets be quick here - Ned, Tim or Me+Doug? And please don't start
discussing the need for someone doing this - Doug wants someone and he
*is* in charge of the update stream so darnit, just accept the fact that
we need someone doing this. :-)

As soon as we have this decided the MasterPlanner(s) should probably IMO
start a quick "round up" thread on squeak-dev to collect ideas on what
3.6 will/should/could be made of.