[Squeakfoundation]Re: Sublicensing seems possible

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Tue Apr 1 18:33:39 CEST 2003

1. No, I think your questions are mostly to the point. But you did
directly ask Andrew. I have also in the past sometimes failed to get an
answer from Andrew, either getting one that didn't answer what I meant
(which I assume was misunderstanding), or not getting one at all. Andrew
owes me nothing, of course, I'm just saying we shouldn't take this
either personally or as very surprising.
2. I'm sorry, I simply got tired :-(. Though it may seem otherwise, I
find it a pain to think about these license/legal issues.

Cees, did you get an answer about posting your conversation log with
Apple?

Everybody, as Andrew said, if we want to change the license, we need
some concensus. So let's hear people. I want to bring this to squeak-dev
after we have some well worked out options. The list as I see it is
below. If you want to help bring this to closure, develop the option you
prefer.

Daniel

1. SqueakL is fine. I don't want to hear about these license anymore.
2. OSI compliance is good. (someone else is welcome to represent this
position)
3. DFSG compliant is good. We want to be able to distribute Squeak
through Debian. We want to recruit people that work on free software for
fun. We want people to use Squeak knowing it's safe, because it is free
software.