[Squeakfoundation]Re: Sublicensing seems possible

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Apr 2 14:39:36 CEST 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Göran,
>
> > And again, living in "fear" is not something I want to do. :-)
>
> The paranoid will always live in fear. You know, there's really nothing you
> can do to prevent someone *trying* to revoke a license. Whether that's
> successful is quite a different matter (though it may hurt the standing of
> all involved). But please, don't delude yourself that you "won't be living
> in fear" if you're paranoid enough right now ;-)

I know that. What I meant is that I think it is better to approach Apple
and straighten this out once and for all. This way I would know that we
have a license that Apple approves of and that may also turn out
slightly better than the one we have now. Of course, they can change
their minds in the future after that, but that would be much less
likely.

The alternative, which Ted implies - is that the Lion is sleeping and we
shouldn't disturb it because the Lion may be in a bad mood. *If* Ted is
right about the "mood" part - which information from Cees contradicts -
then I would like a confrontation now, instead of putting more time into
Squeak and "live in fear" of the Lion awakening.

More clear what I meant?

> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

regards, Göran

PS. Again, I would like also to know why we really *need* to approach
Apple at all - if we could solve this by sublicensing. Andrew hinted
that it would be better to talk with Apple first, but I never got an
acknowledgement on that.