[Squeakfoundation]Re: Sublicensing seems possible

Gary Fisher gafisher at sprynet.com
Wed Apr 2 19:53:42 CEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Vainsencher" <danielv at netvision.net.il>
Subject: Re: [Squeakfoundation]Re: Sublicensing seems possible

> And the fact that the world doesn't want to buy iraqi oil doesn't limit
> the iraqies, it just limits the world, right?

Um, it would if the Iraqis were offering it for free.  (-:

> You don't want kids in schools to have Squeak preinstalled on their
> computers, simply because it is part of DebianJr/DebianEdu/Debian
> multimedia project (I can never remember their precise name)?

Daniel, I'd like to see every school running Debian but the fact is most
aren't; further, I strongly suspect most schools where Squeak is installed
aren't running Debian either.  My own experience is that a certain decidedly
un-open OS rules the roost thus far, but Squeak doesn't really seem to care.

> You don't want the hoards of people that contribute their programming
> time to free software in stiffer/poorer languages to feel free and safe
> to contribute Squeak code?
>
> I do.

So do I, nor do I see what's holding them back.

Gary