[Squeakfoundation]Re: Sublicensing seems possible

Ted Kaehler Ted at SqueakLand.org
Thu Apr 3 15:27:19 CEST 2003

Jimmie,

	I did not see anything harsh from you.  Yes, there are a
bunch of things that are out of date in the license.

	It is amazing that Apple approved the Squeak license in 1996.
We in Alan Kay's group were leaving, and Apple was under no
obligation to make us happy.  It was the cooperation of Jim Spohrer,
attorney Elizabeth Greer, and Lab director Don Norman that made this
possible.  They went above the call of duty.   I am still grateful to
them.

--Ted.

--
Ted Kaehler         http://www.squeakland.org/~ted/
(home) 3261 Montecito Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89120.  voice (702) 456-7930