[Squeakfoundation]How to proceed for the kernel cleaning harvesting

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Apr 5 08:47:47 CEST 2003

On Friday 04 April 2003 11:25 pm, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> Now the problem is that cleaning the kernel is somehow special and
> the order of the changesets may be really important. So change 0001
> should be put in before 0004 for example. We are focusing on
> specific parts and we have some major milestones as explained on
> the page. http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3083
[snip]
> So as soon as our own reviewing process will finish for the first
> 40 changesets we will send them into the stream. But we would like
> to know how to minimize energy.

Hi Stef,

What I would do (given that the order is important) is to package them
(and their test suites) all into a .SAR whose install/preamble loads
them in the right order.

They can still be reviewed independently (as they'll retain their
identity in the ChangeSorter).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com