[Squeakfoundation]How to proceed for the kernel cleaning harvesting

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Apr 9 02:21:38 CEST 2003

Okay, this sounds like a pretty good process.

I guess Daniel is sort of promising to look at these bundles of
changesets from the KCP as they come in?  If we want to have a
reasonably quick turnaround for these changes, it probably is good to
have one harvester that promises to review them, so that they aren't
ignored accidentally.

On the other hand, if someone like Noury is already externally
reviewing these and adding comments, then perhaps it would be
sufficient for Daniel or anyone to "rubber stamp" these as approved
without looking too hard at them.  (It would need to be clear from the
comments that they were really externally reviewed, of course.)  But if
Daniel is able to review them himself, that is ideal.

These will still follow the usual harvesting process steps which I
posted about yesterday at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3152 .

For example, I see that Daniel has already [approved] one item
(rmSubclassModule).  According to the process, this will sit around for
at least 3 days to see if anyone objects to it, and if no one does, it
will go into the update stream.

Hopefully this process will be fast enough for what Stephane has in
mind.

(I see that the Morphic Cleanup Project (MCP) folks are now submitting
changesets.  Ideally, it might be good to have an "interested
harvester" devoted to looking at those, too...)

- Doug