[Squeakfoundation]License Poll

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Apr 15 01:19:16 CEST 2003

"Brent Vukmer" <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
> http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/100

First of all I don't understand this page at all. What are the numbers?
Perhaps Daniel misunderstood it, I don't know.

Furthermore, this page below that Brent just made unfortunately makes it
sound much simpler than it is.

	http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/87

It doesn't really matter if we get Apple to change their license. Apple
only owns a small part (I have heard the number 20% - accuracy unknown
but you get the point) of current Squeak and they can not change the
license for the rest. And who owns the major part of the rest? Have a
guess. And do we really want to knock on that door? Personally I would
say no.

I would be much more interested in investigating sublicensing staying
within Squeak-L.

regards, Göran

PS. I also have an old thread with a license FAQ draft I once wrote
collecting dust. Should polish it up and complement it with the facts
that we have learned this time around - there were a few eyeopeners -
like for example the simple fact I outlined above. And then we should
put this on minnow IMHO. Brent, if you are interested - could you help
me out sorting through it all?