[Squeakfoundation]Re: Delete Entry

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Apr 23 13:03:53 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 07:19, John M McIntosh wrote:
> As the original poster, it's an interesting question to ask if and how
> one deletes a historically posted message from the squeak mailing lists.

Unless you present me with a subpoena valid for The Netherlands, the
answer is probably 'not'. I'm hosting the mailing lists on the
(implicit) condition that they don't cost me work, and removing messages
from the archives cost me work.

I've put a fee of USD/EUR 45.00 on such 'small jobs' to put a filter on
similar requests from my customers (on the assumption that if you
*really* want it, you are willing to pay for it). That's probably
something I'd use as a starting point...

Anyway, it won't help a lot - the list is archived at lots of sites, not
just at the 'canonical' site. If you really want to remove something
from the Internet, it is going to cost you a lot of work...