[Squeakfoundation]Re: Delete Entry

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Apr 23 10:29:37 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 10:19 pm, John M McIntosh wrote:
> Baring opinions about right/wrong etc or my choice of words at the
> time, it's a good question to ask.
>
> As the original poster, it's an interesting question to ask if and
> how one deletes a historically posted message from the squeak
> mailing lists.

My big concern about this is that as soon as the archiver starts
editing the contents of the archive, they're responsible for the
archive contents because they're acting as an editor.

If they don't edit, then the words are merely the responsibility of
the original posters.

In my mind, this is akin to the current status of the Internet as a
common carrier: the owners of the backbone machines don't have any
responsibility for the packets that they move.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com