[Squeakfoundation]3.4 release

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Thu Feb 6 18:19:22 CET 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Doug Way wrote:

> Since the image is pretty much ready to be switched to "final", I
> guess this means that the VM maintainers should provide these interim
> builds... now. :-)  Or at least ASAP.  Once they're provided (and
> mentioned on squeak-dev), we can then switch the image to final and
> then wait for the few days of final testing (just for major problems).

I just sucked in JMM's recent commits in the Cross/Mpeg3Plugin sources and
rebuilt everything from the latest image.  The MPEGMoviePlayerMorph now
displays a lovely black rectangle where (up until 10 minutes ago) it was
displaying... a movie.

Unless John has any immediate insight/fixes for this problem I intend to
back out the above Mpeg3Plugin changes in my sources to the previous
version (except for the clock mask fix, which looks entirely legitimate).
If it makes any difference, I'm using a big-endian machine (and some of
the new masking that's going on looks a little suspicious -- e.g., are we
_sure_ that 0xff is the right mask for the alpha channel on machines where
the pixel format is ARGB? ;).

The files in question are:

	changesForSqueak.c
	mpeg3demux.c		(the clock mask fix looks ok in this one)
	video/mpeg3video.h
	video/output.c

Ian