[Squeakfoundation]3.4 release

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 6 14:10:50 CET 2003

Ah, you mean in?

int mpeg3_set_transparent (mpeg3_t *file, int aNumber, int aStream) {
	file->vtrack[aStream]->video->alphaChannelValue = aNumber & 0xFF;
}

That is, while actually should be a 16bit value, which was realized
later in the process, but no-one I uses a 64 bit color spaced
A16R16G16B16 yet so I ignored the issue with a note in that this won't
work for that type of address space. This 8 bit value is stuck into the
ARGB and RGBA etc at the right place at the right time.

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 10:30  AM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

>> the new masking that's going on looks a little suspicious -- e.g.,
>> are we
>> _sure_ that 0xff is the right mask for the alpha channel on machines
>> where
>> the pixel format is ARGB? ;).

===