[Squeakfoundation]3.4 release

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 6 14:13:56 CET 2003

Well I'm afraid this change set was forgotten when we were building
3.4. Mostly I was looking for feedback from
the Croquet folks if this actually works for them as intended. In some
respects it's expensive since it adds
a few percent to the video rendering (which could be optimized out for
the default case?

However I've no objections, if this change is pulled and put into 3.5
instead.

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 01:50  PM, Ian Piumarta wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, John M McIntosh wrote:
>
>> Ah, I assume you picked up the TransparentMPEG-JMM changeset that was
>> posted to the list *way back* in Sept 2002?
>
> Thanks for the clue.  I'll try that.
>
> OTOH, the 3.4 image, as it stands, will not work with the code
> currently
> in the platforms/Cross area of the repository.  Either the support code
> changes should be reverted to previous, 3.4-compatible versions in the
> repository, or the required changeset should be pulled into the 3.4
> image
> before the final release.  One or the other needs to happen to arrive
> at a
> coherent situation.
>
> I'm reluctant (read: not going) to release a VM incorporating the
> latest
> support code unless the image that comes with the VM works properly
> with
> that code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian