[Squeakfoundation]identifying existing apps to package

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Feb 14 16:56:52 CET 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 09:58 PM, Ned Konz wrote:
> > I'd like to come up with a table in HTML that lists:
> > * Category
> > * Class names
> > * Major authors
> > * Last period (quarter year?) in which substantial changes were made
> > * Outside dependencies
> >
> > And I'd like to do this automatically, if possible.
This could also be useful for a future project dealing with clearing up
licensing.

> > Then we can start signing up volunteers to pick these apart.
>
> Yes.  There's also this page at:
> http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/77  (which you
> probably already know about)  Actually, we should make sure this page
> stays up to date, too... for example, the IRCConnection refactoring is
> already in the image, I believe, so it should say "integrated"; it
> could now be removed.
Agreed. I think it's better to leave it there as integrated, to remember
the progress we've made.

> > Once we have tools and HOWTO manuals on package stripping, we should
> > be able to get more volunteers.
> >
> > Some relatively easy targets that I can see:
> >
> > * Speech
> > * Fabrik
> > * Games
> > * Piano Roll
> > * Process Browser
> > * Archive Viewer
> > * eToy communications and Nebraska
This one might not be as easy as it seems - I used SpT one it once, and
discovered that Morph is dependent on it. Of course the links might seem
simple enough to cut on further examination.
> > * Scamper
> > * VM Construction

Daniel