[Squeakfoundation]Re: official Accufont image?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Sun Feb 23 20:06:49 CET 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 22 February 2003 09:46 am, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> > About the fonts - I agree. Doug, Ned, how about adding the
> > AccuFonts package, with an answer of "yes" to the replace fonts
> > question, as the first update to 3.5alpha, and producing an image
> > with that update, to create an Apple-font-free official image that
> > we can bring to the Apple table?
>
> We certainly *could* do that; what do the rest of the Guides think?

I agree. It is *really* time to get this font issue behind us IMHO. And
of course people argue that "there is no issue, yadda yadda" but as long
as it forces us to have extra clauses in the license then it *is* IMO a
problem.

Let's get rid of them. Then of course, we could always find even more
nice free fonts, package them and put them on SM. And we could place the
original fonts as a package there too!