[Squeakfoundation]re: release prioritization (was "ClassBuilder problem")

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Feb 28 04:30:58 CET 2003

I second Craig - let's release.

As I've said before, when thinking about adding any sort of fix at this
point we need to weight the real cost of adding it (including risks that
the bug fix is imperfect, or reveals another bug, or..) to the real cost
of not adding it (remember we can back port a bug fix to a finalized
version, after the change has been tested to death in the new
development version, if we get complaints about it).

In this specific case, IIUC, the analysis is like this -
1. Not that many newbies try to reshape ClassDescription.
2. Archive viewer bug fix gets auto-installed by SARInstaller (which,
btw, has it's own problems).

Therefore, release without it, patch later iff needed.

Daniel