[Squeakfoundation]re: Outstanding 3.4 bugs?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Feb 28 10:59:09 CET 2003

Am Freitag, 28.02.03 um 02:01 Uhr schrieb Doug Way:

> Craig Latta wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ned--
>>
>>> Are we going to do anything about them?
>>
>>         I think we should address them in 3.5, not 3.4. In the
>> absence of other
>> open issues, I think we should release 3.4.
>
> I was going to agree with Craig here, these bugs alone don't seem
> serious
> enough to postpone the 3.4 release.

Are you going to include the other things that already have fixes?

The "release" will be the one newbies use. They might not know how to
update, or even if they do, they might hesitate to do so (it is
somewhat scary to change your tires while running at 100 mph, isn't
it?).

For example, I consider project publishing to be extremely important
for newbies and it has a bug we ran into, which fortunately was fixed
by Nishihara Satoshi
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/squeak/message/54616). I tried with
3.4gammaOne and the fix is not in there.

-- Bert