[Squeakfoundation]re: Outstanding 3.4 bugs?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 28 20:27:44 CET 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:

> Suggestion - make 3.5 a very short release, consisting mainly of getting
> as many fixes in as we can, and giving them a proper testing. It's an
> opportunity for us Guides to warm up at doing the whole process
> ourselves. I'm talking about a time scale of 1 month total - 2 weeks
> alpha, 1 week beta, 1 week gamma, release.
I find it just about impossible to imagine getting stuff done that
quickly given the geographic and chronologic spread of people involved.
It'll take more than two weeks before any decent number of people heve
even downloaded 3.4, let alone done anything much to find and fix any
bugs.

For topics to cover
 + relating to the vm, how about incorporating any removal of vm/slang
 code that we can manage - JMM & I have been trying to get a decent
 release of codegen stuff together and can probably produce a removal
 update and re-install package.
 + in the image, how about the remove-b3d etc changes?
 + how about declaring that only fixes released by a certain date will
 be considered and that after that only comment improvements will be
 accepted ?

tim

<-------- The information went data way -------->