[Squeakfoundation]Possible extra text for Welcome window in 3.4

Doug Way squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 23:53:30 -0500

Scott mentioned awhile ago that he would be releasing a candidate image
for 3.4gamma.  I thought it might be helpful to at least have a mention
of SqueakMap somewhere in one of the introductory windows of the image.

So, here's a proposed paragraph blurb introducing SqueakMap.  I thought
it might be best located in the "Welcome to..." window, after the very
first section but before the "Morphic" section.  (The "*here*" link
would be a DoIt link which would execute "TheWorldMenu
openPackageLoader".)

Or, it could go in ReadMe.txt or somewhere else, but I think the Welcome
window might be best.  Feel free to improve the wording, etc.

(In theory, we could also have an introduction to the Guides, but I'm
not sure that's as important.  There's not really any mention of Squeak
Central in the intro windows, anyway.)

- Doug

---------------------------------------

<bold>What's new in Squeak 3.4</bold>
An exciting feature which has been made available in the 3.4 release is
SqueakMap, a package catalog system for Squeak.  As of this release,
over 100 packages/applications have been added to SqueakMap by members
of the Squeak community.  You can easily browse and install these
packages directly in Squeak by using the SqueakMap Package Loader, which
is available from the "open..."/"Package Loader" menu (or, by clicking
*here*).

For more information on SqueakMap, see
*http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/squeakmap*.