"Internal" updates (was: RE: [Squeakfoundation]Possible extra text for Welcome window in 3.4)

Tim Rowledge squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:17:02 -0800

> So my bottom line recommendation is: Get rid of this darn "internal"
> update stream if you don't use it!
I'd pretty much agree with that BUT I think there is a possible sensible
use for it. If it were used as a last staging post for changes (after
the review etc you referred to) that were about to be released, then it
provides a last chance to test it with _really_ everything else it has
to live with. Unit testing is a good thing and must be done but we've
seen plenty of problems with unexpected interactions (what a surprise).

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Ummm, ah, now what was I going to put here?