"Internal" updates (was: RE: [Squeakfoundation]Possible extra text for Welcome window in 3.4)

Andreas Raab squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 00:28:00 +0100

Tim,

> I'd pretty much agree with that BUT I think there is a
> possible sensible use for it.

There are actually lots of sensible uses for an internal update stream.
But you have to use it! And, unless I am totally mistaken your message
claimed that you were using some magic "look at internal server patch"
which means only one thing - you don't use it.

The point here is not about whether an "internal" update stream _can_ be
useful. The point is that in order to be useful it has to be _put_ to
use, e.g., someone has to actually run the stuff that's in it. If noone
does, then it's only getting into the way of both, testing and the
release process in general (e.g., "is this update included?").

Cheers,
  - Andreas