[Squeakfoundation] Harvesting infrastrucure (was: Don't kill Bert's workstation)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Jun 5 20:02:10 CEST 2003

(moved to foundation list because ... it belongs here)

Am Donnerstag, 05.06.03 um 16:16 Uhr schrieb Brent Vukmer:

> Cool.  Would you be willing to eventually setup another "Bug Fixes
> Archive Server" image, running on your box in parallel with the current
> PWS-MailArchiveAction image and accessible from, say,
> http://swiki.gsug.org/bugfixesarchive ?
>
> The BugFixArchive-Model framework has the beginnings of an API to
> replace the PWS-MailArchive stuff -- at least from a back-end
> perspective.  Right now the 1.1 API provides an email-file-repository
> directory with static email .txt files ( and subdirectories with
> extracted attachments ).  You could configure your Apache to just serve
> up those static files without hitting Squeak at all.

In principle, that is no problem. In practice, I probably will leave
this place later this year, at which point this machine will go away,
too. Swiki.gsug.org will be moved to another box, but I can not
guarantee yet that the sqfixes archive will continue to work in its
current form.

So, in any case, it would be better if you implement this solution on
the squeakfoundation server.

> I don't have any interest in replacing the HTML-generation stuff, but
> it
> would be really helpful, for example, to be able to hit
> http://swiki.gsug.org/bugfixesarchive/uids and just get text/plain
> MIMEDocument with a descending-sort list of UIDs.  By the way, Dainel,
> that's why the "textDoc" method is in there -- I was looking to the
> future.

Please remember these are not UIDs, just a count from 1 to
number-of-messages-in-archive. If something (someone?) (me??) messes up
my mbox file, these numbers will change.

Anyway, I've added this:

	http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/last

which gives you the number of the last message as plain text (same for
sqbugs). I don't see the point in generating a list of descending
numbers starting at 3375 - you can easily count yourself ;-)

-- Bert