[Squeakfoundation] Harvesting infrastrucure

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jun 6 11:53:52 CEST 2003

Hi people!

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> I agree that we probably shouldn't rely on Bert's server long-term.
> Brent's UI is quite nice, though, and maybe we could switch the back-end
> to something else at some point.  (Could be based on SqueakMap,
> Monticello, or just a bunch of files on a server.)  Unfortunately I'm

I and Brian Rice are currently working on SM1.1. We are on the #squeak
channel on IRC. The basic synch mechanism in SM could easily be used for
some other model - and it also maintains a simple persistency mechanism
on the server.

I also have root on the squeakfoundation.org server and have just added
proper /etc/init.d/scripts so that SqueakMap autostarts etc.

All these things can be easily reused for Brent's tool if he is
interested. I can gladly help out with advice etc. Just mail me or
shout.