[Squeakfoundation]Deprecation problems?

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Jun 6 11:06:22 CEST 2003

Michael Rueger <m.rueger at acm.org> wrote:
> And the deprecated call should allow you to proceed with the deprecated
> version until it is fixed and not just cut you off.
Yes. I had a vague bad feeling about the way we currently implemented
deprecation, but you've made it crystal clear now! :-)

> Why are a lot of the (browser, Undeclared references) query messages
> broken by the introduction of SystemNavigation (I'm using image 3.6a
> update 5247)?
I think it's safe to say we don't have this deprecation thing down pat
quite yet. This is something I think we'll need to resolve before this
we enter gamma. I think deprecation was made resumable but I don't think
all the deprecated calls were converted to delegate to SystemNavigator
and friends. Though KCP have mentioned that they have fixed the
deprecation in later change sets, I'm not sure whether they did this.
Stef?

> And why are there 9 implementors of #systemNavigation all
> over the system? (I guess that is what the class extension discussion
> was about, I read that much)
Yup.

> Boy, we went down
> this road with modules, didn't we?