Test server (was: Re: [Squeakfoundation] Harvesting infrastrucure)

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Fri Jun 6 12:56:00 CEST 2003

Hi

> Maybe we can now think about setting up a simple test server, too.

I already started to do something like that and plan to finish it
this weekend.

Several questions:

> I think a good minimal setup would
> - Get the latest image/changes from the ftp site
Shouldn't we use the update facility itself?
> - Fire it up, passing it the next instructions as a parameter
> - So that it loads SUnit from SM
> - and the Test Suite, too
Talked with Marcus, and he agreed that SUnit just could
be moved into the TestSuite, or at least automatically
loaded, if not present there.
> - Runs them
> - Mails some simple rendering of the results (say, how many passed, and
> the names of tests that failed) to an address it gets as a parameter.
Like to integrate that with BugFix-Archive also.

> This would allow a weekly cron job that tells us where we stand, and
> could form the basis for the tests becoming an important part of the
> release cycle.
Yepp.

Could this be run on the squeakfoundation-server also?

I would prefer that, because the only free server-machines we have
here at Berne are solaris, and the VM sometimes crashes on them
after a while because of some socket-problems.
I could set up a linux-box also, just means work...

Markus