[Squeakfoundation]Harvester status for Marcus Denker

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Jun 10 19:38:54 CEST 2003

Hi all!

"Brent Vukmer" <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
> > > Well, it would be interesting to write down the policy
> > somewhere - at
> > > least the non obvious and the mandatory stuff. I am not
> > saying "Swiki"
> > > because I am a bit tired of simply creating more and more
> > pages on the
> > > Swikis, but if no other smarter way is found then sure, why not.
> > What's wrong with the Swiki?
> >
> > Daniel
>
> I think the main issue with the Swiki is that there is not yet a tool
> that allows us to easily and quickly edit the Swiki from within Squeak.

Yes, and also - creating yet another swiki page feels... Well, you know.
:-)

It is just a gutfeeling I have. People discuss a problem and eventually
it tends to boil down to "lets create a swiki page for that", and
somehow people think it will solve things (unconsciously).

Note that I am overly negative because we have this phenomenon in our
company. Sure, we love the Swiki - but too often "creating a swiki page
for that" turns out to be the final thing that got done before the issue
went to sleep... This is why my "gut" tells me "Oh no, not another swiki

So for example, if Brent had responded and said "Hey, I can add those
policy rules right inside the BugFixArchiveViewer! Easily accessible!"
then I would have been more interested! ;-)