[Squeakfoundation] Harvesting review policies (and a lil' love from the BFAV)

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Tue Jun 10 14:46:26 CEST 2003

> So for example, if Brent had responded and said "Hey, I can
> add those policy rules right inside the BugFixArchiveViewer!
> Easily accessible!" then I would have been more interested! ;-)

Heh.  Hint, hint. Goran are you thinking of just a "harvester
review-quality guidelines" window?  That would be easy to add,
obviously, if you guys send me the text you want.

Or are you thinking of new services to be plugged into
BugFixArchiveViewer?

I immediately think of integrating SLint services into the
BugFixArchiveViewer, which seems like it would provide the biggest
immediate gain...  Do you guys agree?

Can SLint be run on a changeset file?  If so, the very easiest way to
provide that integration would be:

(A) Daniel makes SLint a separate package on SqueakMap
(B) Some cheerful Squeaker enhances SLint so that it registers with the
FileList
(C) I make the BugFixArchiveViewer load script aware of the new
dependency on SLint
(D) Slint services are magically provided in BugFixArchiveViewer via the
FileList

Future "plugin" functionality for the BugFixArchiveViewer will be
easiest to add in the form of services that can be registered with
FileList, BTW.

Daniel, would it be easy for you to make SLint a separate package?  I
*could* create a dependency on the Refactoring Browser .. But that seems
a bit heavyweight to me.