[Squeakfoundation] Harvesting review policies (and a lil' love from the BFAV)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Jun 11 16:39:40 CEST 2003

Brent Vukmer <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
> I immediately think of integrating SLint services into the
> BugFixArchiveViewer, which seems like it would provide the biggest
> immediate gain...  Do you guys agree?
That sounds definitely worth doing.

> Can SLint be run on a changeset file?
Unfortunately not. I've looked at the code a little, but it passes
around class names, that are then looked up in Smalltalk, making it
difficult to replace. What we could do is run it on the changed code
after installing the changeset. This will also require a little
integration - something that creates a SelectorEnvironment from the cs
and then runs a SmalllintChecker on them.

> Daniel, would it be easy for you to make SLint a separate package?  I
> *could* create a dependency on the Refactoring Browser .. But that seems
> a bit heavyweight to me.

As you see above, packaging is not our biggest problem. I'll see about
doing the above, and then we'll think more.

Daniel