[Squeakfoundation]KCP & 3.6

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jun 20 21:23:07 CEST 2003

Doug,

> If the DecPools stuff feels like it's "ready", we could put
> it in now, otherwise we can put it in right at the beginning of
> 3.7alpha, which isn't too far away anyway.  (It sounds like there
> are still some outstanding issues at the moment...?)

There are some issues but which fall into two categories: minor problems
(like defining instance side methods) which can be considered "beta
problems" and (somewhat larger) problems making the entire system use
declarative pools. The latter doesn't sound like a problem of the
declarative pools but rather their application in certain dubious
circumstances (the use of TextStyles in TextConstants, or the use of
lower-case globals is not an issue with declarative pools).

> I originally wanted to get the TrueTypeTextStyle stuff in as
> well, but there may or may not be time for that.

What's upholding this? Anything I can help with?

Cheers,
  - Andreas