[Squeakfoundation]KCP & 3.6

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jun 20 22:30:40 CEST 2003

> Do the "somewhat larger" issues mean problems as soon as we insert the
> DecPools, or changes when we convert the image?

The latter. The problems really come from either somewhat strange uses of
pool dictionaries (e.g., lower-case strings as keys) or from uses where the
pool is extended dynamically (TextConstants).

> if the second, does this mean it makes sense to insert the code, but
> convert the rest of the image in 3.7, or do you think this would be
> confusing?

I think it's perfectly reasonable and what I anticipated anyways. Even
though the remaining pools "ought to be converted" there is no requirement
for doing it in 3.6 - we've been living with them for so long and the places
where we had an immediate need for fixing them are fixed.

Cheers,
  - Andreas