[Squeakfoundation]re: TrueType font support and 3.6

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Jun 21 04:06:02 CEST 2003

Daniel,

> A quicky partial review of v5 does
> show some things that could use some cleanup:
>  - at least one method clashes with MCP.
>  - The single GrafPort method sends to super but implicitly returns
> self.
>  - Paragraph>>asForm does an "isKindOf: TTCFont"
>
> So IMO, this code doesn't belong in Basic, yet.

Err ... excuse me, but the above issues sound exactly like the things one
would address in *beta* not in alpha. Requiring (for example) that there are
no conflicts with any other ongoing work is almost impossible - the
declarative pools have some conflicts too and I won't bother tracking all of
the yet-to-come KCP changes until I actually know them (as in: being
finalized and published).

Seriously confused,
  - Andreas