[Squeakfoundation]re: TrueType font support and 3.6

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Jun 21 19:13:42 CEST 2003

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:
>   Sorry for really slow response, and sloow work on cleaning up the
> stuff!  I'm kind of embarrassed not finishing this up, but I have to
> say that there are more stuff than I can handle...
Nothing to be embarrassed about, you're creating good stuff that people
appreciate having in the first place.

> > (Hmm, I just tried "set font..." on some text in the middle
> > of the Welcome window and it appears that TT fonts are a bit buggy when
> > mixed with the regular strike fonts.  It's fine if I add some TT text at
> > the end, though.  Or we could add a small standalone demo window.  Or
> > just not have a demo. ;-) )
>
>   This bug is known and fixed.  Stephane knows how to fix it:-)
I think it is very important to release an up to date version with all
known fixes - then people can help find and resolve the remaining
issues, like performance.

>   Ah, there going to be some changes, which should come first before
> the stuff gets incorporated...
Cool, let us know when it's ready.

Daniel