VMMaker( Re: [Squeakfoundation]KCP & 3.6)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jun 21 13:59:10 CEST 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 12:46:26PM +0200, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Neither in the current build process - if you use VMMaker (and after all
> that's what it's for ;-) See my comment above - I got so totally used to
> controlling everything from VMMaker that the only thing that I'm still
> missing is a big green "build" button in it (which invokes the build
> process, saves the image and restarts with the new VM). Heh, heh ;-)

Actually, I did that a while ago with OSProcess, and it worked fine.
You could click one button on the VMMakerTool, VMMaker did its thing,
the VM would be rebuilt, and if the make was successful Squeak would
restart itself with the new VM and/or plugins. All one click, and rather
entertaining to watch it go.

That was just for Unix/Linux at the time, but I think it would work on
Windows with a bit more hacking. I don't have time right now, but maybe
I'll get this working again one of these days.

Dave