[Squeakfoundation]re: TrueType font support and 3.6

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Jun 23 00:45:14 CEST 2003

Hi guys!

Let me be really quick and to the point. I just read through this whole
TTF thread... Phew. ;-) You two guys need to relax and try to
communicate better. Or something, I don't know. :-)

When I looked over Yoshikis code I found these things you have mentioned
and more and mailed him about them (isKindOf:, dead method, missing
comments etc etc). He liked the review and said he was going to fix
things. The isKindOf: was for example intentional IIRC because he tried
to not change some things (keeping this stuff a bit "local").

Anyway, personally I thought the code was a bit "rough", but generally
fine - it wasn't big and didn't touch much in the image etc.

BUT I personally want code cleaned up before going in! And I am not
talking about complicated things here - simply a bit more comments,
remove dead method and some other cruft etc. 30 minutes work tops -
mostly comments actually.

Yoshiki agreed with me and wanted to fix some other things too. Fine.

Perhaps we have different views on this - personally I can not
understand why we should let uncommented "rough" code into the image. It
is already uncommented enough as it is! :-) This kind of cleanup that I
wanted from Yoshiki is terribly quick to do for the author of the code -
but really hard for someone else.

Note that this doesn't reflect badly on Yoshiki in any way - my code
looks the same before I clean it up. ;-)

Let us now simply get the code cleaned up and pushed in. Ok?

regards, Göran

PS. I didn't really bother to read all the other windling arguments
between you two guys - it feels to me that you simply keep getting in
each others faces over small issues that you probably agree on anyway...
;-)

PPS. Working on SM1.1 but time has been lacking. Will post in a few days
with a status report.