[Squeakfoundation]Self-approving fixes (was Re: ContextCleanupPlus-ajh)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Jun 23 20:39:47 CEST 2003

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

>I know why isSymbol is needed, and don't personally mind your self
>approving it. ...

I've been thinking that the rigid "you can't approve your own
submission" rule is probably too strict.  When we started up the
harvesting group a couple of years ago (with SqC still in charge),
harvesters were allowed to harvest their own submissions, as long as
they mostly reviewed other people's.

What we could do is allow approving one's own submissions if they're
reasonably simple fixes.  But we should have some rule of thumb such as:
no more than 25% or so of the things you harvest should be your own
items, because we don't want the harvesters just working on their own stuff.

This would have the added benefit that if harvesters *really* wants to
get their own submissions in, they'll also review a few items from other
people, so that they meet the ~25% rule.

So something like this might encourage more harvesting.  It won't
necesssarily solve all of our current issues, but it's a start...

- Doug