[Squeakfoundation]re: TrueType font support and 3.6

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Mon Jun 23 18:33:18 CEST 2003

  Hello,

  I got lost.  Anyway

> When I looked over Yoshikis code I found these things you have mentioned
> and more and mailed him about them (isKindOf:, dead method, missing
> comments etc etc). He liked the review and said he was going to fix
> things. The isKindOf: was for example intentional IIRC because he tried
> to not change some things (keeping this stuff a bit "local").

  The conversation was that you (Göran) suggested to delegate the
responsibility to the font somehow, but I didn't quite agree with it
because it would introduce bi-directional dependency.

> BUT I personally want code cleaned up before going in! And I am not
> talking about complicated things here - simply a bit more comments,
> remove dead method and some other cruft etc. 30 minutes work tops -
> mostly comments actually.

  Well, it is a bit (way) more than 30 minutes for me...

  I have another rough code that adds "streaming feature" to
TrueTypeTextStyle in which the system doesn't have to pre-create the
TTGlyphs.  When a bitmap for a character is requested, the glyph is
created from a file stream associated with the .ttf file.  But I guess
I should defer to integrate (and clean up) this part.

-- Yoshiki