[Squeakfoundation]Shepherding large enhancements

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Tue Jun 24 19:48:19 CEST 2003

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

>I think you're completely right. Of these big projects, the ones that
>moved are the ones that had a harvester actively looking out for them,
>and moving them forward process wise.
>
>As someone doing some of this, I don't think we can "assign" anyone to
>work on these. Its more a question of whether other harvesters actually
>want to get involved with this aspect of the process.

Right.  For example, I was going to look at the Accufonts item
tonight/tomorrow, so I can be the shepherd for that one.

You (Daniel) are already the shepherd of sorts for the remaining KCP
items, and Goran is for SM 1.1.

I think this is the reason Craig's simulator fixes haven't made it in
yet, for example... no one's moving that one forward.  It sounds like
someone in Berne (Alexandre?) was using the fixes with success.
Shepherding that one would simply be a matter of emailing with Alexandre
and getting him to post his feedback to the list, or posting it for him,
and then announcing a decision on the list that this feedback should be
enough to warrant that the changes go in (if the feedback is indeed good
enough).  Then I can add the changes in the next batch of updates.
Perhaps Craig or Tim would be interested in following up on this?

It would also be good if someone could volunteer to shepherd
TrueTypeTextStyle and Diego's look enhancements.  Although it's getting
a bit late for 3.6alpha if we're moving to beta on Friday, but who knows...

- Doug