[Squeakfoundation]Shepherding large enhancements

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Jun 25 09:07:47 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:27:30PM -0700, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
>
> >  Although it's getting
> > a bit late for 3.6alpha if we're moving to beta on Friday, but who knows...
> I _really_ don't think that is a good idea. We really ought to get at
> least the basic, decently reviewed and tested, stuff that we declared in
> the image before changing to beta. We're not being pushed by any dumbass
> marketing droid for a release date so let's take the luxury of at least
> trying to achieve feature completion!

I'm against having a release on Friday.

Just look at the BugfixArchive: There's a lot of stuff pending, which
really needs to be included. And my feeling is, that there's just
not enough "new" stuff in 3.6 to allow a new release: Like 3.5, we'd
get a "new release" nobody would use.

       Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de