[Squeakfoundation]Methods/Messages comments

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Wed Jun 25 05:54:35 CEST 2003

Hi guys...

I think we're confusing method comments with message comments.

On one side, is a method needs a comment means the method needs a
refactoring. (The complete Ken Beck's book apply here).

On the other side, The message needs a comments.

SomeClass>>isFoo
   "answer whatever the receiver is foo"

SomeClass>>bar
   "answer the receiver's bar"

These are message comments, and EVERY method has to include the message
comment of the implemented message.

Exceptions to the rule means gray areas.  So I vote for a simple
rule: "Every method has to include the message comment it's implementing"

My $ 1/50

Cheers,

Diego