[Squeakfoundation]Shepherding large enhancements

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Jun 25 12:55:39 CEST 2003

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
>
> >  Although it's getting
> > a bit late for 3.6alpha if we're moving to beta on Friday, but who knows...
> I _really_ don't think that is a good idea. We really ought to get at
> least the basic, decently reviewed and tested, stuff that we declared in
> the image before changing to beta. We're not being pushed by any dumbass
> marketing droid for a release date so let's take the luxury of at least
> trying to achieve feature completion!
Sorry, I'm lost. Are you saying that we should wait until someone
reviews every single thing in the game plan? Does this include SM1.1
which isn't released yet? and Anthony's run time fixes, which nobody
that understands exceptions is volunteering to review?

I think we should release this weekend what we already have finished and
reviewed, and see if someone can help along what didn't get ready, so
they get in early in 3.7.

> If someone can point me to where the code is I'll check out the
> simulator changes so we can at least get _them_ done.
Cool. Install BFAV from SM, filter by string "simulator".

> In return I want
> someone to review the DeclarativePools stuff. :-)
Too late, AviB has already posted a quite positive review :-) I'll
probably look and approve them today or tommorrow.

Daniel