[Squeakfoundation]re: reviewing the simulator fixes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jun 26 21:44:11 CEST 2003

> Why is the simulator dependent on VMMaker? curious.

Helloho ;-) The VM (e.g., the actual code seen in ObjectMemory and
Interpreter) _are_ the simulator. What the simulator classes do is merely
providing a few methods for stuff that we otherwise assume the C compiler
does (longAt: ...) including nasty things that we don't have to worry about
in Squeak (endianness anyone?).

It's the "living spec" thing all along. If you have VMMaker you've got the
VM and you can't simulate the interpreter without actually having it ;-)

Amused,
  - Andreas