[Squeakfoundation]re: reviewing the simulator fixes

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Fri Jun 27 13:15:14 CEST 2003

Hi Tim,

> > That would be fine with me. I did intend at one point to make two
> > separate packages (VM & VMMaker)...
>>
> You should be able to simply rename it (as packages use UUIDs as refs for
> the most part). In fact, if you want to do it, I'd say definitely do it
> before 3.6 gets finalized and choose a nice name such as "Squeak Virtual
> Machine" or somesuch ;-)

    If VMMaker is renamed as "Squeak Virtual Machine" (or somesuch,
    like SqVM ;-) then it might tickle the VM maintainers to have a
    'really closer' look at it.

    Then, who knows, there may be even an anouncement for 'PCP'
    (no, it's not 'Peer Cleans Peer', but , 'Plugins Cleaning Project' ;-)

>> ... but since the VM code is pretty much
> > pointless without the tools to use it I thought better of it.
>>
> In any case, I agree with your reasoning that for the most part the VM is
> pretty useless without VMMaker and I don't see much of a reason to
> separate the two.

    And we can even  make VMMaker isa Interpreter (can we, can we, can we
    with a cherry on top ;-)

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.